Tuesday, January 30, 2018

True Friends

Good Morning & Happy Tuesday Everyone!

These past two weeks I've been consumed w/ purging 15 years of stuff from my apartment to get ready to move.  Wow, one really accumulates a lot of junk in 15 years!  Poor Tallula Belle is freaking out b/c she's not used to seeing Mom clean!  😼

I have found that I have some really good true friends throughout all this.  By that I mean these are the ladies who will not only continually come over and help purge, pack & clean but they won't let me rationalize keeping something I really don't need!  They are honest even if I don't want to listen.  Oh...and then there is the exploding can event!  You see  two of these ladies gave up 5 hours of their Saturday, (both have families of their own!) to help me a few Saturdays ago and when they got to the lower cabinet in the kitchen that was all canned food, I told them to just leave it b/c I would take it all with me.

That's when I got the "Mom" look from both of them.  They went to read off the expiration dates of most of the cans, you know 2011, 2005, 2007...you get the point.  As they are tossing can after can out, one of them stops and exclaims "I've never seen something like this in my life" and proceeds to pull out a large can of tomato sauce that had exploded...years ago.  Then she pulls a second one out!  Opps!  🙍.  That's when I get the lecture from both on checking expiration dates on a regular basis.  Yeah, that's going to happen.  I am not Suzy Home-maker, never have been, never will.

Having said that, I've had 4 ladies, one of which has come over almost nightly, to help out, giggle and share stories!  It's made a tough job (physically & emotionally) a lot easier!  Last night we started loading up vehicles!!!  I will start my move in this Thursday and my friends & I will bring vehicle loads of stuff each night until the furniture arrives on Feb. 15th. 

Enough cannot be said about true friends and I am eternally grateful for mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment