Friday, August 23, 2019

Being on One's Own Journey

I'm feeling deep tonight, maybe because it's a Friday night or maybe it's the moon or my hormones, who knows.

I started watching a Britcom on Hulu tonight called "This Way Up".  I love, LOVE Britcoms!  They're hilarious yet cut to the quick.  This one is about a younger adult sister who is out of a program after having a nervous break down & finding her way back to "normal".  So I may never have had a break down but I have high anxiety so I relate to her.  Although I really love living alone & couldn't imagine living any other way, I do at times miss having interaction with others.  However that's where I am lucky when it comes to friendships at work & outside of work.

I was texting a friend from my old job last week b/c it was his birthday & we decided we need to get the gang together.  It was so nice to speak w/ a friend I hadn't spoken to since... well probably his last birthday!  Plus since then one of my best friends has worked where he does for an extended amount of time so we can ALL get together!  I'm really looking forward to it!  I think it'll be in a few weekends.

This past week people have been coming back to work which has been lovely if I do say so!  Plus I've gotten to see some of my kids (former students) and that has been great!

I often immerse myself in work so I don't notice I'm lonely, it's just easier this way.  However weekends can be difficult.  Luckily w/ my new position I'm pretty busy 24/7!  Don't worry, I still do my meditations & prayers & yoga (I should be doing more yoga if I'm being honest!).  So that helps me to stay grounded.

It's just so comforting to know that whatever the situation, I can reach out & others will help me up!  It does though make me sad for those who do not feel they have others to reach out to b/c odds are they really do, they just don't know it or trust it.  Those are the people I often pray for the most.  The ones who feel utterly alone & unloved.  They don't know or feel that God is always with them and they/we are never alone.  Never.

Ok, enough of this deep stuff!!!!  It makes me warm to my soul to know that although I may be on my own journey, I have many others who help me along.  For that, I am truly grateful.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment